London Pentecostal Church (LPC) started in 2001 as a small Worship and Bible study group with eight people in a living room in Hackney, London. Since its inception the church experienced phenomenal growth, and has now grown to become a group of strong believers who come together to worship as one body in Christ.
Building a spiritual house for spiritual sacrifices
This Church accepts the sacred words of the 66 Books of the Bible as the inspired revelation of God, as the sheer anchor of Faith and Eternal Hope and as the perfect creed to the beliefs and deed for the believers and also for the general unity of the Church.
- The sacred words of the Bible as the inspiration of God;
- In one God, existing in three personalities as the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit;
- That, Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Heavenly Father, the God and that He was born of the Holy Spirit in virgin Mary, crucified, buried and resurrected and also ascended to Heaven and now seated as the mediator at the right side of the Father and will return in power and glory;
- That all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God and that God commands everybody to be born again and it is a need for the redemption of sin;
- That the justification and personal salvation of believers is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ;
- That the sanctification is by the faith in the Blood of Jesus, by the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit;
- That holiness is the life-doctrine for the people of God;
- Baptism in the Holy Spirit;
- Speaking of tongues as the Holy Spirit enables and that as it is the initial sign of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit;
- The ordinance of baptism by immersion (Water Baptism) is commanded in the Scriptures and all believers who have accepted Jesus as their Saviour should be baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit;
- That Divine Healing is included in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross for the atonement of sins;
- Partaking of the Lord’s Supper and the feet washing of saints;
m) That God will raise the dead and those who are still alive will be caught up together with them in the clouds and thereafter Jesus Christ will come to earth to reign a thousand years before the eternity;
- And in the resurrection of body, eternal life of the Saints and in the eternal punishment of the wicked.
All those born again believers, by accepting Christ in their hearts as Saviour must accept the water immersion Baptism, the commandment of LORD. It is a public witness of the believer that he/she is baptized in to His death, buried with Him, raised from the dead, as Christ was raised to live in the newness of life. (Mathew 28:19, Acts 10:47, Rom. 6:4).
Lord’s Supper - also called Holy Communion - is a clear sacrament given in the New Testament. Those who are baptized in water by immersion in the name of the Father, the Son and of the Holy Spirit and also leads a holy life are eligible to take part in the Lord’s Supper.